Anchor Baptist Church is a local independent baptist church. That was started in 2000 by Pastor Mark Jacobs.
What We Believe
1.The Scripture – We believe the Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testament only, to be the verbal-plenary Word of God. We believe the King James Bible is the preserved and inspired Word of God for the English speaking people. And it is the sole authority on matters of faith and practice. (Psalm 12:6; 119:89; 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:21)
2. Godhead – We believe in one God who exists eternally in three persons; Father, Son, Holy Spirit. They are equal in every divine perfection and are executing distinct but harmonious offices in the great work of redemption. (Matthew 28:19; 1 John 5:7; John 16:7)
3. Jesus Christ – We believe Jesus Christ was born of a virgin, begotten by the Holy Spirit; that He is fully God and fully Man. His blood paid for our sins, willingly He laid down His life as a ransom for our sins, three days later arose from the grave and is now in Heaven making intercession for us, and is coming again to receive His own. (Matthew 1:18-21; John 1:1-2; Acts 1:8-10)
4. Salvation – We believe “that all have sinned and come short of the Gory of God.” Therefore “the wages of sin is death, but the gift f God is eternal Life through Jesus Christ our LORD.” Salvation is “by grace through faith that not of yourself, it is the gift of God, lest any man should boast”And we believe that salvation is eternal and that you cannot lose your salvation. (Romans 3:23, 5:12, 6:23; Ephesians 2:8-9)
5. The Church – We believe the New Testament Church is a local organized assembly of immersed believers actively engaged in carrying out the Great Commission and observing the two ordinances; baptism and the Lord’s Supper. (Matthew 16:18-19, 28:19-20; Hebrews 10:25; 1 Corinthians 12:12-31
6. Baptism – We believe that baptism is one of the two ordinances committed by the local Church, that immersion is the only scriptural method, and Salvation it’s only Prerequisite. It is a step of obedience and a symbol that publicly identifies the believer with Christ. ( Romans 6:1-5; Acts 2:41, 8:36-38)