5 Four Letter Words for Happiness
A sermon preached by Pastor Mark Jacobs
Happiness is what everyone is looking for and wants. True happiness and real joy can only begin to be experienced when we accept Christ as our personal Saviour. Most saved people would also say that they want to be happy, yet many are not- not as many as could be. Are YOU truly happy in the Lord?
- READ- Read your Bible. Read it regularly, consistently, daily, through each year. Read it whether you feel like it or you don’t. God can speak to you through it.
- PRAY- Pray to God in Heaven, the only true God. Pray about everything. Write a list to help you remember. Pray for self, for others, for direction, for leadership, for power, more needs to be met, for happiness, for forgiveness of sin and more. Pray without ceasing. Always be in and attitude of prayer.
- COME- Come to God’s house regularly and consistently. Heb. 10:25 says, “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more as ye see the day approaching.” Coming to church benefits you and your family. If you want your children and grandchildren to want and love to come to church you must set an example.
- TELL- Tell others of Christ, how you were saved and how great it is to BE saved. Hand out tracts, invite folks to church. Verbally talk one on one to people about Christ. We talk about everything else- why not the most important ONE in our life?
- GIVE- Give of yourself, your time, your talents, your treasure. There is a great joy in giving. Stingy, selfish people are generally NOT happy people. Every saved person should be a tither- 10% of your income to the Lord is a minimum.
Just because you do all five of these regularly, does not mean you will never have problems, disappointments, discouragement, poor health, financial setbacks, etc. But it does mean that if you will do and continue to do these things, you will have a greater joy and happiness than if you didn’t.